Nano Tank Progress – Week 3

Sunday 30th August

The Cryptocoryne Beckettii was looking really bad and was showing no sign of improving so I removed it and planted it in my main tank to see if it will recover. I replaced it with plants from my main tank, I’m not sure what they are but I think one is Anubus and the other may be Sagittaria subulat, they seem to have settled in well.

The Dwarf Hair Grass and the Moss is doing really well but there is some algae build up. I added a small filter for a few days to oxygenate the plants and have started doing water changes every three or four days and things seem to be improving. The driftwood is still leeching tannins which is making the tank look worse than it is I think.

The cycle still hasn’t started 🙁

Nano Tank Progress – Week 1

Saturday 15th August 2020 I did a 50% water change after two days to clear off some of the tannins from the […]